Step 1 of 3: Accept Bidder Agreement
Online Auction Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Bidders must be registered, and in good standing with the State of Minnesota Surplus Services.
- Bidders must be at least 18 years of age to enter into a contract with the State of Minnesota Surplus Services.
- Do not place bids for items you do not intend to purchase.
- Pursuant to Minn. Stat. 168.27 Subd. 8. (b), anyone purchasing more than five motor vehicles in any 12-month period must have a valid dealer’s license.
- Employees of the state or a political subdivision may purchase no more than one motor vehicle from the state at any one auction, pursuant to Minn. Stat. 15.054.
- Bidder agrees for and on behalf of bidder, bidder’s heirs, successors and assigns that bidder shall indemnify and hold the Department of Administration harmless from and against any claim, demand or cause of action arising or alleged to have arisen out of the sale or failure to sell any items including claims for personal or bodily injury, death or contract damages.
- Potential bidders are advised that physical inspection of the sale items will be accommodated by appointment only unless otherwise specified.
- Sale items are sold “as is, where is”, with no expressed or implied warranty or guarantees. The state of Minnesota is not responsible for any omissions or errors in the description of items being offered for sale. The descriptions of the items have been done by personnel untrained in these areas. Photos are merely representative of the items and may not be relied upon for disclosure of all defects. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- The State of Minnesota Surplus Services reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to reject any and/or all bids considered as not in its best interest. The State of Minnesota Surplus Services also reserves the right to withdraw an item at any time - including during the bidding process.
- Bidders are responsible for verifying their bid prior to selecting the “Place Bid” button. Once bids are placed, the bid cannot be altered or changed.
- Online auction items must be paid for in full within ten days from the date of the award. If not paid and claimed, the State of Minnesota Surplus Services reserves the right to auction, in its sole discretion, any such items after the aforementioned seven-day period. Payment may be made in the form of a money order or cashier’s check made payable to "Surplus Services". Cash will not be accepted.
- Live auction items must be paid for and removed the day of the auction.
- Winning bidders also assume responsibility for all applicable taxes, title transfer and registration fees. Buyers exempt from paying the tax must present a copy of their Tax Exemption Certificate with their sales and use tax number and a signed certificate of exemption.
- Winning bidders must appear in person at the time of pick up and must be prepared to remove the items from the property at the time of payment. Items will not be shipped; removal is the sole responsibility of the bidder.
- Motor Vehicle titles for titled vehicles and titled trailers will be provided if available when the vehicle is paid for, in full. Documentation (Certificate of Origin, abandonment paperwork, etc.) to acquire titles through Minnesota DVS for untitled vehicles will be presented to the winning bidder when the vehicle is paid for, in full. For vehicles not previously titled the winning bidder will be required to apply for a title through DVS, the process may take several months to complete. Open titles cannot be issued. Winning bidders must transfer the title immediately and obtain plates to drive the vehicle or arrange for towing. A 21 –Day permit will not be issued.
- A fee of up to $75 may be charged to replace lost titles, certificates of origin, lien releases, etc.
- Bidders and/or registered users may be disabled and barred from future participation in State of Minnesota Surplus Services auctions for any of the following:
Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions as stated.
Failure to make good and timely payment for the item(s) awarded.
Failure to claim purchases.
Intentional disruption of the auction process.
Suspicious or incomplete registration information.
Step 2 of 3: Fill out Your Bidder Profile
Step 3 of 3: Select Categories of Interest
You have been registered with the State of Minnesota Surplus Services MinnBid Auctions.
Your user ID and password have been emailed to you. You can now log in to the site to start participating in the MinnBid Auctions.
Note: You need to be logged in to register for Live Auctions.
Please keep your personal profile current by logging in and updating your information whenever it changes.